Source (Reforms Implementation Cell – check for updates): http://khyberpakhtunkhwa.gov.pk/khyberpk/page.php?pageID=653&deptID=321
The provincial government is focusing on Hydel generation, developing viable alternative energy sources, establishment of oil refinery through PPP, developing community driven micro Hydel projects and energy conservation awareness programs.
- Focus on Hydel Power generation through Short, Medium and Long term interventions
- Exploration & Exploitation of Oil & Gas Potential
- Efficient utilization of Net Hydel Profits
- Emphasis on development of viable alternative energy sources
- Establishment of an Oil Refinery through PPP
- Development of Community Driven Micro -Hydel Projects
- Energy Conservation
- 55 MW electricity will be generated till Dec, 2015.
- 61MW electricity will be generated till Dec, 2018.
- 153 MW electricity will be generated till Dec, 2019.
Machai Hydel Power Project with production capacity of 2.6 MW Mardan:
- Will be completed by end of June,2015.
Ranolia Hydel Power Project with production capacity 17 MW Kohitsan:
- Will be completed by end of June,2015
Daral Khwar 36 MW Swat:
- Will be completed by end of December 2015.
Lawi 69 MW Chitral and Matiltan 84 MW Swat
- Technical bids (both HPPs) opened on 5th February, 2015.
- Financial bids will be opened by end of April,2015.
Koto 31 MW Dir Lower, Jabori 7 MW Manshera and Karora 10 MW Shangla Hydel Power Projects:
- Approved by ECNEC.
- EPC contract awarded.
- Ready for inauguration.
- Completion by June, 2018.
- Management consultant selected.
- Selection of Engineering,Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor in process.
Hydel Power Projects (Sharmai Dir-150 MW, Shushai-Zhendoli Chitral -144 MW and Shogosin Chitral -132 MW):
- Financial advisors (funds arranger firm) is being hired to get finances for these projects by selling shares in the existing projects.
- 356 Mini/Micro Hydel- Power projects in 12 districts at UC/Village level and community run:
- 207 projects upto SO KW will be completed by September,2015.
- 87 projects upto 150 KW will be completed by December,2015.
- 31 projects upto 250 KW will be completed by September, 2016.
- 31 projects will be completed by December, 2016.
Establishment of Oil Refinery:
- Refinery will be built at Krappa (Distt Karak) and Power Plant will be established at Khushal Garh.
KP Oil a. Gas Company:
- An Oil and Gas Company has been established with the objective to promote oil and gas exploration in the province.
- Chief Executive Officer appointed.
- KPOGCL Board constituted.
- Signing of production agreement with OPL in process.
- Negotiation with KUFPEC for Pharpur Block in process.
- Purchase of 02% share in Tall Block in process.
- 2.5% investment in Pezu and Barathai Completed.
Joint Development Agreement (JOA) for construction of two projects i.e Lower Palas Kohistan 665 MW and Lower Spatgah Kohistan 496 MW:
- JOA was expected to be signed but Korean Company is losing interest in the projects.
- The progress is not encouraging.
200 villages by solar electrification by DC standalone system Phase-I (Southern and Central Districts), Phase-II(Northern Districts)
- Phase-I:- MC hired, contract will be awarded soon.
- Phase-II:- MC and contract under process.
Award of study for providing electricity from Pehur Hydel Station to Gadoon Industrial Estate:
- Contract awarded.
- Report of Phase-I submitted.
- Report of Phase-II will be submitted by end of March,2015.
Feasibility of 03 site in Swat and Chitral ( Torcamp-Godubar HPP Distt Chitral 409 MW, Kari-Muskhur HPP Distt Chitral 446 MW, Gabral Kalam HPP Distt Swat 110 MW)
- Contract will be awarded by 31st March,2015.