Pervez Khattak during deliberations with the group led by Mr Ma Shi Jing CEO of Shanghai Company made it clear that though both the mega projects would be big cities with all housing facilities and availability of basic amenities on scientific lines but these are named as Education and Sports cities with sole aim to project importance of education and sports by the PTI-led coalition govt as well as promote it there with allocation of 15-30% area for it respectively. Besides Speaker KP Assembly Haji Asad Qaisar, Provincial Minister for Higher Education and Information Mushtaq Jadoon, Advisor to CM on Housing Dr Amjad Khan, Parliamentary Secretary on Planning & Development Mian Khaleequr Rehman. Chairman CM Complaint Cell and Advisor to CM on Investment Haji Dilroze Khan, Chief Secretary Amjad Ali Khan, Additional Chief Secretary Khalid Pervez, Secretary Housing Engr. Zahid Arif, high ups of relevant departments and experts from private sector were present on the occasion.
The Chief Minister said that he had directed the concerned high ups to execute these projects phase wise under public private partnership (PPP) wherein investors including Shanghai Company’s participation would be a high welcome. He said that all the housing schemes in KP would not be confined to paper works only rather it would be put on ground, and the mistakes committed in the execution of the previous projects would not be repeated.
- Download KPK Housing Newsletter : Issue – July 2014 from here
- Details of:
- Education City, along M1 Motorway, District Nowshera
- Tourist City, Damtor, District Abbottabad (also visit this page: http://www.reconnectpakistan.com/TouristCity_Abbottabad.aspx)
- Tourist City, Booni, District Chitral
- Urmar Sports City, Peshawar (Peshawar Model Town)
- Commercial Zone (chugal pura – Peshawar Model City)
- Source: http://housingkp.gov.pk/
PESHAWAR (APP): The Khyber Pakthunkhwa Government has planned to extend emergency rescue services 1122 to three major districts of the province in current fiscal year to help people during mishaps and untoward situations.
The Rescue 1122 services would be establish in DI Khan, Abbottabad and Swat districts in current fiscal year as this project was reflected in Annual Development Program 2014-15.
Following successful services in Peshawar, the Govt wanted to extend this service to these districts for facilitation of general public.
Official told APP that reconstruction and rehabilitation of Disaster Affected Infrastructure in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa would also be focused.
In addition to establishment of DRM Strategic Management Unit in Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA), the Govt has planned to revamp PEOC and MIS section for PDMA.
The Govt has allocated Rs.2053 million for eight projects out of which four are ongoing with allocation of Rs.1408.541 million and four are new with allocation of Rs.644.459 million in ADP 2014-15 for relief and rehabilitation services.
He said the Govt was striving hard for development of safer communities through an effective system for management and prevention of emergencies and disasters. For this purpose, focus is being paid to development of a safer and resilient community through proactive approach towards emergencies and disaster management, community awareness and training of staff.
The provincial government\’s endeavors helped to effectively response to disasters by taking rehabilitation measures for development of a plausible roadmap to address pre- disaster measures such as mitigation, preparedness and response.
The relief and rehabilitation department had played a proactive role in the relief and rehabilitation operations during and post flood in 2010. The department\’s future initiatives have been incorporated in the new sector wherein it is intended to undertake multitude activities in the province.
These include establishment of ware houses, preparation of Monsoon contingency plan for district & tehsil and speedy recovery initiatives for disaster hit people etc.
I (belong to Abbottabad – Hazara) am critical of PTI’s contributions in Hazara (posted my concerns earlier) which has shown its result in both by-elections which PTI lost in Hazara ( PK45 and NA19 ). If PTI would have done anything special/different (as they are doing in Pakhtun belt), they would have won by-elections. So I am not happy with PTI’s role in Hazara.
On the other hand, people of Hazara love PML-N which is evident from general elections results. So they should not object now when they have not given mandate to PTI. Better ask Mehtab Abbasi, Sardar Yosuf and Co. (a sadists approach).
Such concerns are surfacing now (like in this report: Allocations in budget fail to impress Hazara residents) which I don’t totally agree with but still there are valid points which must be addressed by PTI govt and specially looked after by its local leaders (Ali Asghar Khan, Dr. Azhar, Azam Swati, Mushtaq Ghani, etc.).
Having said that, I think there are still many promises/areas where PTI should have done some CHANGE:
- Abbottabad New City Project (no news about that so far)
- Traffic Management Plan (no progress or effort on it)
- Standard of Hazara University (and we are talking of new education city without any focus on existing university)
- Ayub Medical Hosptial (biggest hospital of the region – still I could not find any news except Reham Khan questioning Imran Khan about its sate of affairs – rats in emergency)
- and others which I dont know
In the end, reader must not overlook good things like news about Nathiagali Amusement Park, Small Industries-II for Abbottabad, focus on Hattar industrial state, etc.
- This is going to be most interesting election because PTI is going to challenge the baradari system which
has always won a seat for PML-N Abbassis. You can read a nice article on the PK-45 politics by Express Tribune here.
- Visit Ali Asghar Khan Facebook Page to see PTI’s all activities: https://www.facebook.com/aliasghar99
- You might like to watch Ali Asghar Khan latest interview: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y3uwe_aj-di-gull-01-06-2014_tv?
- Get/give live updates from Twitter posts hashtag #pk45 : https://twitter.com/search?q=%23pk45&src=typd (There are 109 polling stations in case you are interested to know during Twitter updates)
- PML-N is very strong here (never lost since 1985)
- PML-N candidate is a Abbassi (baradari advantage)
- PTI candidate is non-local (imported) but his father Air Marshal (r) Asghar Khan won from here. His brother served this constituency with social work and also Ali Asghar served after Oct 8 earthquake.
- AC Amjad Qudoos arrested
- Earlier, Commissioner and 2 other officials were arrested
- Two more officials, Masood-ur-Rehman and Ali Afsar, arrested
- More arrests are likely soon
- source: http://bbcrecord.com/live/10-pakistan/28496-nab-arrest-two-more-officials-of-income-tax-deptt-abbottabad-in-fake-refund-case.html
- Mega Education City M-1 Nowshera
- Mega Sports City Peshawar
- New City Abbottabad
- New City & Tourism Resort Booni Chitral
- CM: Consultants had been hired -> no justification for any delay
- Not to be executed by the housing department rather by a separate construction company with entire responsibility of implementation, timely completion, quality of work and payments etc.
- Mega Education City
- 80,000 acres of land identified
- Pre-feasibility completed
- 30% area = educational institutions including universities
- Award of contract to consultants for detail planning and design would be made by this month (February 2014)
- Practical work on the project would be started by September 2014
- Mega Sport City Peshawar
- Area of more than 14000 acre situated between Peshawar and Nowshera (5x bigger than Hayatabad Township)
- Estimated cost of Rs1.5 to 2.00 trillion
- Residential needs of more than 600,000 people
- Full article: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/business/23-Feb-2014/kp-cm-gets-briefing-on-mega-housing-schemes
- KP Govt handout: https://www.facebook.com/KPGovt/posts/636311233071628:0
- KPK Govt annouced to build 2 mega city projects of European standard. One is planned for Abbottabad at Damtor.
- RFP for Damtor can be found here.
- RFP opening date: 12 Jan, 2014 at 11.00 am in the office of secretary housing KPK (no news yet as on 18 June, 2014)
- KPK Govt working on Traffic Management Plan for four cities
- Click Here for Expression of Interest Advertisement