- This set of people are not happy at all. They claim that they voted for PTI but not happy with their decision.
- But other complete surveys show that people are generally satisfied (see post here)
- I am usually not convinced with such road shows where one can pre-arrange the audiance of choice
website line: http://lgkp.gov.pk/
PESHAWAR: The website of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Local Government, Elections and Rural Development department was formally launched on Wednesday at the Local Governance School in Peshawar.
The launch ceremony brought together senior officers of the Local Government (LG) department and media representatives to experience the newly-established online platform first-hand.
The website, acknowledged as an important tool for the department’s future information management, is dynamic and offers functional levels of interactivity through multimedia support features, news updates and a citizens’ feedback corner.
Speaking on the occasion, LG Secretary Hifzur Rehman said, “Communication as a tool of citizen engagement can do wonders for service delivery. The website has given us the freedom and also made us more accountable to improve the outreach and delivery of our services by interacting more actively with citizens.”
Rehman added the department’s website has been established in line with the government’s e-governance framework. “We are strengthening our internal and external communication and with the launch of the website we have now gone a step ahead to engage with the citizens of K-P through information sharing and public participation,” the secretary said.
The website will strengthen the department’s public relations through sharing communication material such as success stories of local governments. In addition to providing information about ongoing reform measures and development projects being undertaken by the department, the website also enables users to download key documents such as the K-P Local Government Act 2013, K-P District Government Rules of Business 2013, Strategic Development Partnership Framework and Post-Crisis Needs Assessment.
The online platform was developed with the support of the German government under its Support to Good Governance Programme in order to strengthen the K-P LG department’s public relations. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) provided support to the department in process planning, content and structure development, as well as the website’s design.
The Good Governance Programme will also support the provincial government in fostering the design and implementation of a coherent legal framework, strengthening the training system for local civil service, developing models and providing advice for enhancing the quality of urban services, and supporting the design as well as the implementation of participatory planning and budgeting in urban local governments.
The website can be accessed here.
Minerals Development Department (MDD) has completed a geo-chemical survey in different cities of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) to explore deposits of precious metals. The cities are Peshawar, Nowshera, Mardan & Hangu Districts while geo-chemical survey/study in Dera Ismail Khan is also under process as these areas are blessed with lot of natural resources. An official at Minerals Development Department while highlighting the major accomplishment during this year on Sunday said working group had been established for reform initiatives in mineral sector of KPK which had started work and preliminary framework had been prepared for next four years. Moreover, work on delineation of exploration blocks for metallic minerals including gold and gemstones had also been initiated to grant the same as exploration licenses through process of competitive bidding to sound parties including local and foreign investors as part of facilitating large scale investment in mineral sector. The other initiatives included construction of three regional offices of Directorate General of Mines & Minerals- one each in Abbottabad, Mingora and Karak as part of strengthening of field formations. The official said construction of 30 km road in mineral bearing areas of Kohistan, Shangla and Abbotabad had also been prepared to facilitate mining operations while research and development studies were carried out for upgradation/processing of metallic minerals including low grade iron ore. He said during the period, the province also generated Rs 600 million through collection of royalty and Rs 52.034 million through excise duty.
If video do not show up watch here: www.dailymotion.com/video/x206h09_polio-worker-s-killers-arrested_news
- Project Cost: Rs.8-10 billion (update July 4: Perviz Khattak answering about Mass Transit Project cost)
- Length: 36 KM
- Fare: Rs.30-35
- Route: Nasirpur <—> Hayatabad
I (belong to Abbottabad – Hazara) am critical of PTI’s contributions in Hazara (posted my concerns earlier) which has shown its result in both by-elections which PTI lost in Hazara ( PK45 and NA19 ). If PTI would have done anything special/different (as they are doing in Pakhtun belt), they would have won by-elections. So I am not happy with PTI’s role in Hazara.
On the other hand, people of Hazara love PML-N which is evident from general elections results. So they should not object now when they have not given mandate to PTI. Better ask Mehtab Abbasi, Sardar Yosuf and Co. (a sadists approach).
Such concerns are surfacing now (like in this report: Allocations in budget fail to impress Hazara residents) which I don’t totally agree with but still there are valid points which must be addressed by PTI govt and specially looked after by its local leaders (Ali Asghar Khan, Dr. Azhar, Azam Swati, Mushtaq Ghani, etc.).
Having said that, I think there are still many promises/areas where PTI should have done some CHANGE:
- Abbottabad New City Project (no news about that so far)
- Traffic Management Plan (no progress or effort on it)
- Standard of Hazara University (and we are talking of new education city without any focus on existing university)
- Ayub Medical Hosptial (biggest hospital of the region – still I could not find any news except Reham Khan questioning Imran Khan about its sate of affairs – rats in emergency)
- and others which I dont know
In the end, reader must not overlook good things like news about Nathiagali Amusement Park, Small Industries-II for Abbottabad, focus on Hattar industrial state, etc.
Brief summary of this interview:
- Pay of Asad Umar (first, last)
- Sons of Generals and Asad Umar
- Role of Gen. Umar (father of Asad Umar) in 1971 events according to Hamood-ur-Rehman Commission Report
- Brothers in different parties – AU in PTI, Zubair Umar in PML-N
- Gen. Umar was student assistant of Quaid-e-Azam
- Asad Umar vs Javaid Hashmi : Result analysis
- Engro company fined due to hoarding
- Issue of Kalabagh Dam
- KPK governance: Local body elections, RTI, RTS
- Vision of KPK in 2018
- Problems of Bureaucracy – How RTS can help
- KPK Police (IK excitement on discovery of IGP Nasir Durrani)
- Names of Finalized Ehtesab Commissioners (I would like to add their profiles)
Chief Justice (R) Mian Fasihul Mulk – Chief Ehtesab Commissioner: He is not interested Prof. Dr. Asmat Ullah Khan (Ex-Vice Chancellor) :Rejected due to objection
- Syeda Sarwat Jehan (Ex-Directoress Education)
- Sahibzada Khurshid Ahmad (Ex-Session Judge)
- Mr. Mumtaz Ali Khan (Ex-Controller, BISE, Islamabad)
- Search and Scrutiny Committee will propose 2 more names to make it 5 again (proposed: see public announcement on July 2)
- Source: http://www.naibaat.com.pk/ePaper/peshawar/17-06-2014/details.aspx?id=p1_28.jpg
A brief summary of points mentioned by Asad Umar in this video:
- False statement in Assembly: Debt limit violation of the law
- False statement by Ishaq Dar: GDP growth rate 4.1 (IMF=3.3, Dr. Hafeez=3.5)
- Inflation: 5.2% when this govt took charge. 8.7% now
- Last 1 year: Least investment in 50 years
- Exports: realistic target of 8% was set. Expected to be LESS than previous year
- Current Account Deficit: Even though foreign remittences increased, deficit further increased to $2.1 billion in 10 months (compare it to $1.5 billion in PPP govt 2012-13)
- Foreign Loans/Debt: $10 billion in one year, Planning $30+ billion more (2 generations)
- Electricity rates: 78% incarese in one year
- Tax amensty: Tax exemption of Rs.477 billion in last one year (compre with PPP govt 2012-2103: Rs.239 billion)
- Electricity: Daily loss Rs. 1 billion (same as PPP govt) despite 78% increased cost.
- Circular Debt: Again Rs. 350 billion by end of year
- Duty reduced for 1800+cc vehicles
- Foreigner investor will pay 20% tax – Local Pakistani investor will pay 30% tax
watch here if embedded video does not show: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zcz4d_asad-umar-s-strong-criticism-and-analysis-on-federal-budget-2014-15-in-national-assembly_news
- Monitoring System for Education Sector using IMUs (teacher presence, school facilities, etc)
- Teacher Recruitment – 8000 recruited on merit – 6000 more teachers will be added
- Teacher Training of existing teachers
- Improvement of Examination system (use of technology to curb cheating)
- Focus/priority on female education
- Incentives for backward areas students to increase enrolment
- Missing Infrastructure -> Launch of Tameer-e-School Program (how it will work)
- Watch here: http://tune.pk/video/3867065/atif-khan-talks-about-tameer-e-school-education-program-in-kpk-by-pti
- Rs. 1.75 billion flyover already very late
- Siraj-ul-Haq is himself monitoring its construction work
- Action against contractors and other responsible if it is not completed and opened for traffic until Aug 30, 2014 (we will review this commitment
- Update on Sept 7: Action Taken – Govt suspends contract of construction company
- source: http://www.infokhyberpakhtunkhwa.gov.pk/doit/?p=14299
- NAB-KPK arrests two bureaucrats for their alleged involvement in a land scam worth Rs 400 million.
- Director planning : Salahuddin
- Assistant director planning : Muhammad Yaqoob
- In connection with purchasing land at Nathiagali for a housing scheme
- Earlier NAB had already arrested the then secretary housing Zakiullah, former director finance of the Provincial Housing Authority (PHA), former PHA DG Javed Ahmad, land acquisition collector Naveed Qadir and their alleged frontman, Mohammad Asif in the same case.
- Furthermore NAB claimed that in 2012 the PHA, Peshawar, acquired land for a project namely `housing scheme for government servants and general public’ at Nathiagali, in Abbottabad at exorbitant price.
- source: http://www.dawn.com/news/1112031
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Judicial Academy (KPJA ) to train 240 PIOs (8 batches 30 PIOs each) of various government departments
- RTI law has empowered citizens with the power to have access to government records, which PIOs will have to respond accordingly
- PIOs to place their name and designation prominently on their respective offices so that public could easily access them for any information they seek under RTI law.
- Full news: http://thefrontierpost.com/article/177095//
PESHAWAR: Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa IGP Nasir Khan Durrani inaugurated the School of Investigation in Peshawar on Tuesday.
The school has been initiated keeping in view the increasing use of technology in crime today. Addressing the first batch comprising 25 officers from across the province, Durrani urged participants to undergo training with full dedication.
The School of Investigation, which has been established by the K-P police using its own resources, will be headed by a director who will look after administrative affairs. An officer of the rank of DIG has been appointed to look after training.
The police have engaged highly-qualified specialists from across the country as lecturers. There will be courses on crime scene preservation, evidence collection, evidence preservation as per modern day best practices, cellular forensics, geo tagging, geo fencing and interrogation techniques.
Terming the Investigation Wing the backbone of any police force, the IGP advised participants to perform their duties with integrity, empathy, impartiality and honesty. Anyone involved in nepotism or corruption will be dealt with strictly, he added.
If embedded viedeos don’t appear:
- A recent SDPI/Herald survey pubilshed in Dawn shows that majority will vote for PTI if elections are held today.
- PTI : 35%
- PPP : 19%
- PML-N : 17%
- See results of previous surveys by SDPI in the table below to judge the correctness. While 2008 survey and results show difference, 2013 survey and results are very close (prvious survey available here, and %age of votes recieved is collected from wikipedia here)
|Historical Surveys and their correctness validation|
|Party||2008 (survey : votes : +/-) %age||2013 (survey : votes : +/-) %age||Now (June 2014)|
|PPP||N#1 : 45% : 31% : -14%||N#3 : 17.4% : 15% : -2.4%||N#2 : 19%|
|PML-N||N#2 : 29% : 20% : -9%||N#1 : 33.4% : 32% : -1.4%||N#3 : 16%|
|PTI||Not included||N#2 : 22.2% : 17% : -5.2%||N#1 : 34%|
|PML-Q||N#3 : 8% : 23% : +15%||N#9 : 1.3% : 3% : +1.7%||N#x : 1%|
- The KP government’s financial management was adjudged the best among all the federating units, which was why the province was awarded Rs1.5 billion extra from its due share in the allocations for the provinces
- Finance department released Rs71 billion out of the total Rs72 billion worth of Annual Development Programme (ADP)
- source: http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2-254457-KP-gets-Rs15-bn-bonus-for-best-financial-management
- This is going to be most interesting election because PTI is going to challenge the baradari system which
has always won a seat for PML-N Abbassis. You can read a nice article on the PK-45 politics by Express Tribune here.
- Visit Ali Asghar Khan Facebook Page to see PTI’s all activities: https://www.facebook.com/aliasghar99
- You might like to watch Ali Asghar Khan latest interview: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y3uwe_aj-di-gull-01-06-2014_tv?
- Get/give live updates from Twitter posts hashtag #pk45 : https://twitter.com/search?q=%23pk45&src=typd (There are 109 polling stations in case you are interested to know during Twitter updates)
- PML-N is very strong here (never lost since 1985)
- PML-N candidate is a Abbassi (baradari advantage)
- PTI candidate is non-local (imported) but his father Air Marshal (r) Asghar Khan won from here. His brother served this constituency with social work and also Ali Asghar served after Oct 8 earthquake.
The process of establishing KPK Ehtesab Commission after necessary legislation started after January 19, 2014. An archive of all news related to the establishment of KPK Ehtesab Commission can be found on this page (under the category Ehtesab Commission). This figure shows the complete process of setting up the KPK Ehtesab Commission. You are encouraged to read this article for more details (http://tns.thenews.com.pk/containing-corruption/).
- PTI will legislate to give incentive and reward to those who will identify corruption cases with proof
- Independent Ehtisab Commission will take such corruption cases