- Part-1: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=287366594760489
- Part-2: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=287372114759937
Follow up news will come here
- News: March 31, 2014
- The experts committee rejected on bidder who had bad repute
- Someone from PTI (in CM complaint cell) tried to influece the experts committee but FAILED
- Tried to stop bid opening by sending letter to Secretary Health arguing that it was not fair
- Full news: http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-7-241261-Transparency-in-purchase-of-MRI-and-CT-Scan-machines-for-HMC-under-threat
VERDICT: ACTION TAKEN BEFORE AGREVIATION OF THE CRISIS – GOOD
- News: 12-04-2014
- CM takes notice of people demands
- Deputy Commissioner Mansehra to take action against hurdles makers (vacate land in 2 days)
- Work to be expedited
- PTI Detailed Press Release: http://www.insaf.pk/news/national-news/item/1787886-earthquake-hit-balakot-delegation-meets-cm-pervaiz-khattak-april-13-2014
- News : 30-03-2014
- to seek IK help for completion of the New Balakot City (NBC) housing project
- Worked stopped because land owners refused to vacate land decided for NBC (even though paid)
- Will stage sitin if work not started within week – Imran Khan can settle this they hope
- Stage 1: Sit in to seek IK help
- Stage 2: Block Blakot-Naran road
- Full news: http://www.dawn.com/news/1096543/balakot-people-plan-sit-in-outside-imrans-residence
While many news reports give an impression that KP cabinet has been extended, the reality is opposite. The PTI govt in KP has indeed reshuffled and added the missing ministers. Facts are as follows:
“The cabinet, as announced in the beginning, had 14 members including two senior ministers. After the fallout with QWP, Israrullah Gandapur’s death and PTI’s Yousaf Ayub’s disqualification, this number went down to nine.”
So the inclusion of new ministers is not any expansion rather completion of portfolios where they also did some reshuffling to match the profiles with ministers effectiveness. Again, it is not due to any corruption charges.
- Rs. 288 million approved
- GSM locators = 2
- GSM jammers = 300
- bulletproof rostems = 7 (one for each zone)
- metal detector units = 25
- non-metal detector units = 24
- portable low frequency jammer units = 16
- explosive detector units = 10
- computer liability units = 100.
- K-P police will get independent of Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) or Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- The criminals will not be able to change their locations after making calls from their mobile phones and would be tracked within a few minutes which will discourage kidnappers and extortionists. Previously requesting from FIA, IB took 24 hours
- Full article: http://tribune.com.pk/story/686073/inspector-gadget-funds-approved-to-procure-gsm-locators-for-k-p-police/
- Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) will stand alone against an electoral alliance of three major opposition political parties – ANP, PPP and JUI-F – in the soon-to-be-announced local bodies’ elections in militancy-hit Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP). The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has convened a consultative meeting with the officials of KP provincial government to deliberate upon the draft of principal Local Bodies Law and the preparations for holding the polls.
- Full article: http://www.brecorder.com/general-news/172/1165366/
It is really sad to know that PTI lose a genuine person. Even though his demands were too unrealistic in current politics, he should have been dealt by PTI (specially IK).
Having said that, I don’t think he can get even 1000 votes from any contituency considering the response Dr. Qadeer Khan (a real hero in the heart of people) got in May 11 elections and eventually merged his party with PTI. Adnan Randhwana will not do anything good but will only harm PTI little bit.
- Adviser to Chief Minister Rafaqatullah Babar assured Zhongnan Engineering Corporation of issuance of NOC for establishment of hydel power station in Shoghore area of Chitral and said that company could start work from next week
- Zhongnan’s survey team would start work soon after receiving NOC for Shoghore Chitral.
- The construction of power house will start next year after collecting statistics of the flow of water in all four seasons of the year
- The power station will be completed in 1.5 year (i.e. 2.5 years from now)
- Electricity will be provided to local industrial units at subsidised rates
- Full article: http://www.dawn.com/news/1093677/chinese-firm-to-execute-power-projects-in-kp
- Deadline of Arpil 30 is hard to meet
- KP govt completed its task on March 10 (local government laws, relevant rules and the notification of delimitations)
- ECP reviewing till March 20 (changes will be requried)
- ECP needs 45 days to organize elections
- KP govt wants biometric system which has following issues:
- cost: 50,000 polling booths X Rs. 30,000/machine = Rs. 1.5 billion
- Tenders: 15 days + machines delivery will take around 2 months
- result = election in June or July (will add 3 months)
- IK discussed the cabinet reshuffle to allow for faster delivery to the people.
- would personally monitor, with the Chief Minister, the performance of the Ministers over the next three months.
- Khan also pointed to reports coming in of attempts by legislators to seek transfers and postings of bureaucrats and police officers and he reiterated that PTI had zero tolerance for such behaviour.
- It is an SRSP (an NGO) project but supported by KPK govt: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5s54DkJErTKdkRKQnpTbm1MbElkTzBIckVfQWRRelNiYU9F/edit
- Micro-hydropower station for a remote village in the Upper Swat Valley
- Serai’s 80-kilowatt power plant will provide electricity to more than 700 households.
- Completed in 9 months at a cost of $105,000, of which about $9,000 was raised locally.
- In KPK, there are about 140 hydropower project sites, with a total projected capacity of 24,736 megawatts, have been identified.
- Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Special/2014/03/14/Micro-hydropower-station-lights-up-remote-Pakistani-village/81393210835701/#ixzz2w9Rxoljb
- Do not confuse with newly setup KP Ehtisab Commission
- Previous: Col (retd) Shahzad Anwar Bhatti (is posted as DG NAB Rawalpindi Regional Bureau)
- Major cases investigated: Rs2 billion weapons procurement case against former K-P IG Police Naveed Malik
- New: Major (retd) Shahzad Saleem (prevously Director Investigation Wing-I Rawalpindi)
- Major cases investigated: multi-billion-rupee scandals including the RPPs case and OGRA.
- Read Full news: http://tribune.com.pk/story/682264/shake-up-unprecedented-shuffle-in-nab/
PESHAWAR – To discourage classed-based education system in the province, Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf-led Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government is going to introduce English as medium of instruction from the upcoming academic year, starting from April-2014.
It was the long standing desire and part of education policy of the PTI government to get rid of the decades old class-based education system of the country, however, the dream was partially materialised soon after the party secured majority in May 2013 elections only in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The dual system of education had almost closed the doors of universities and standard colleges for the poor people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and after attaining even high marks in their metric examinations, they were not allowed to take admission for F.Sc in government colleges, because most of the top seats had been occupied by the students of upper class families who spend million of rupees by getting quality education in English medium schools.
Talking to The Nation, Provincial Minister Provincial Minister for Elementary and Secondary Education Mohammad Attip said that we have fulfilled our promise with the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and in the upcoming march English medium of instruction would be introduced from the nursery level.
“In order to enable the teachers to teach these new courses, we have started phase wise transformation from Urdu and Pashto medium into English medium and for this purpose they have started training of the teachers,” he explained.
He said the students being instructed in English will gradually pass on to the next grade, automatically rolling out the new medium of instruction to the next academic level. “With each year, more subjects will be taught in English to make them more familiar,” he added.
He elaborated that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Education Department was facing shortage of 14,000 teachers and these vacancies would be filled on emergency basis. He said that in the first instance, they would recruit 8,000 teachers through NTS while in next phase, the senior teachers would be promoted to overcome the shortage in middle and high schools. He vowed to follow complete merit in the induction of teachers and in the overall process transparency would be ensured at all costs.
When asked about the change of syllabus, he replied that the same syllabus would be followed, however, only medium of instruction would be changed to make resemblance with private schools.
The new policy of Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf government was widely hailed by the poor people of society who were waiting to introduce uniform education system in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Talking to this scribe, Muslim Khan whose son is topper of government school told that they have been waiting since long for uniform education policy and their dream was fulfilled by the PTI government who introduced this uniform policy.
He added that though his son is topper in government high school in ninth class but still he will not be able to get admission in F.Sc due to high competition with the students of private schools. He also called upon the government to ensure presence of teachers in the government schools, as most of them despite getting handsome salaries were not attending their duties.
The government has also hired 360 master trainers in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa who would train 23,000 teachers while GPS based biometric system have been introduced to check the attendance of teacher and students.
A uniform learning system is part of PTI’s six-point education policy, which also looks to increase the education budget and boost literacy rate. The most recent annual budget saw a 30 per cent increase in funds allotted to the education department giving the KP the resources to change the medium of instruction for grade one. It has been learnt that working groups comprising educationalists and experts have proposed redesigning of the education sector to provide students a more fertile learning environment and allocate more budget to utilise the resources on quality education.
- Next meeting: March 29, 2014
- Read here: http://thefrontierpost.com/article/81758/Former-CS-to-head-SSCEC/
- KP police has traced 129 cases of terrorism
- repulsed 57 militant attacks in last four months
- Setup Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD)
- Setup Counter-Kidnapping Cell (CKC)
- Digitisation of Criminal Record (DCR) of last five years
- Geo-tagging of heinous crimes and criminals
- Police Intelligence Network
- Mobile Forensic Lab
- Directorate of Police Complaints and Internal Accountability
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Restriction of Rented Buildings Ordinance 2014
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Hotel Restriction (Security) Ordinance 2014
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Sensitive and Vulnerable Establishment and Places (Security) Ordinance 2014
- Vehicle Verification System (VVS)
- Public Intelligence Network (PIN) is being established for intelligence-led policing.
- Full article: http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-2-237300-KP-Police-turning-into-a-role-model-after-achieving-notable-successes
2014-03-10: Chinese company Sino-Tia-Cheng Group has offered investment in hydropower projects in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- 100% investment using financial assistance of the China Developmental Bank
- Shozhosin Power Station (132MW) in Chitral
- Sharmai Power Station (120MW) in Chitral
- Govt. also proposed investment in two hydropower projects near Abbottabad – feasibility has already been finalised
- Read Full Story here: https://www.dawn.com/news/1092205/chinese-firm-offers-to-invest-in-hydel-projects
IG KPK Police Nasir Durrani says that Police is fully independent and there is no political inteference. He also clarified the transfer of DPO Mansehra. Watch here for short clip (2:26) and see full inteview in the following parts.
- Part 1/3: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=405802389556550
- Part 2/3: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=405812696222186
- Part 3/3: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=405822436221212
- IG KP Nasir Khan Durrani on Tenants Verification Requirement (1:26)
- KP govt NOT protocol conscious & police deployment issues (3:36)
- Salaries of police and BDUs increased by KP Govt (2:16)
KPOGCL board member resigns due to “CONFLICT OF INTEREST” (read here)