- Justice (r) Abdul Aziz Kundi -> The opponents blamed him in his Abbottabad Commission verdict that he has political affilitations with ANP (here)
- former chief secretary Abdullah -> A man of integrity. Imran Khan wanted him to accept a role. (read this from Aug 21, 2013) – Listen to him in this video at 10:29 -> Right to Information Bill Launching Ceremony
- senior journalist Ismail Khan -> His posts indicate that he criticized PTI, IK, PML etc without taking any sides (see this)
- former vice chancellor Professor Mohammad Daud (a professional)
- social worker Mohammad Hamayun (many google results. Don’t know which one is this)
The profile of these people show that PTI is working seriously for an INDEPENDENT ACCOUNTABILITY COMISSION.
- Using existing infrastructure to solve traffic problems in Peshawar
- Will be operational for test in 2 months.
- Independent Monitoring Unit (IMU) to start from February or March 2014
- Existing employees of schools will NOT be part of IMUs
- Recruited: 475 monitors (303 male for boys schools, 172 female for girls schools)
- Each monitor will have a Smartphone with GPRS (hopefully 3G later) for immediate transmission of all information concerning the respective schools to the IMU office.
- The GPS will show (to main office) that the monitor visited the school
- Collect data about: absent teachers, student-teacher ratio, missing facilities in the schools, enrolment and dropout rate of students, physical environment of schools buildings, distribution of free textbooks, stipends to the girls’ students, utilisation of fund for minor repairs, etc
- Each monitor to visit 2-3 schools every day
- Monitor salary + motocycle + Rs. 10000 fuel allowance
- Monitors will not have any fixed school to avoid “good” contact with teachers
- Finally, third party evaluation after 3 years
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government is considering holding the local government elections in phases and the decision would be taken in the next few days. The provincial government is keen to conduct the local government polls using the biometric system. However, the government is faced with problems about the biometric system. (The News report here)
PTI KPK Govt. 6 Months Performance – KPK People Views with Kashif Abbasi
500 MW hydal electricity in KPK Provicial grid in 4 years. Chinese company Sinotec (not CINOTEC as in news article) will get loans from Chinese banks for the projects. (read here)
Aug 26, 2013: Imran Khan laid foundation stone of micro hydro power project which is believed to provide cheap electricity to Kalam people and adjoining areas along the upper reaches of the Swat River of Swat Valley by next year. (read here)
- The idea is right but serious effort is needed for proper execution. For example, this system works very well in Pakistan State Oil (PSO) where employes attendance is recorded with a better palm recognition device.
- On a side note: AAP government in India interested to introduce biometric attendance system (Jan 6, 2014 news)
Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa intends to develop the following hydropower potential Raw (Pre-Feasibility Completed) sites in private sector on BOOT basis under Provincial Hydel Policy 2006 through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) (Tender details here)
- A ‘master trainer program’ to train 360 teachers from across the province as master trainers
- The 360 master trainers will further train 23,000 teachers.
- A GPS- based biometric system (BMS) at the education department + in the schools
- read here: http://tribune.com.pk/story/655288/new-bags-new-books-going-back-to-school-takes-on-a-new-meaning-in-english/